CCC Camp Develops Grizzly Bear Camp Ground
The major project for the winter of 1935-36 was the development of the Grizzly Bear Camp Ground. Grizzly Bear Camp Ground was completely developed along Grizzly Bear Creek in a beautifully wooded area on Iron Mountain Road. It contained one mile of road with a dozen spurs for individual camps and two parking areas. Camping facilities included individual outdoor stoves, tables and benches, incinerators, large shelter house with a stove, fireplace and latrines, and a well house.
Camp Pine Creek operated a side camp at Camp Lodge while finishing the work at Grizzly Bear campground. Then on April 27, 1936, Company 1793 transferred from Pine Creek to Camp Lodge and Camp Lodge was reopened (1937).