CCC Featured In New Mount Rushmore Display
Mount Rushmore National Memorial and the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) Museum of South Dakota have come together to create a display in the Mount Rushmore Visitors Center. It is located in the main traffic area near the museum, theaters, and book store. Focusing primarily on the Black Hills area the photos, information and map drew attention even as it was being installed.
The Civilian Conservation Corps contributed much across the United States from 1933 to 1942. In the Black Hills of South Dakota the work of these men is still obvious today. Tourism in South Dakota would not have reached the level experienced now without the CCC.
Museum Specialist Zane Martin and Ranger Ed Menard along with volunteer Otto Bochman contributed to the design and installation of the new display.